Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter Centerpiece Class Update!

Friday and Saturday I taught an Easter Centerpiece class at Dragonfly Shops and Gardens in Old Towne Orange.  This was my very first class that combined my love of paper crafting with my love of gardening and it was so much fun! Here are a few photos from the class! 


Everyone chose their own paper, from vintage sheet music to colorful cardstock, whatever they felt matched their taste.  I loved seeing all of the combos the ladies came up with!


We planted blue flax, woolwort and other tiny plants into the eggshells


We arranged them with some moss and rocks on our little 'lawn'  The grass seeds were planted 3 days before class and sure enough the next day they started to sprout.  They should have a pretty filled in basket in perfect time for Easter.




This was my personal favorite combo that one of the ladies came up with. You can't see it in the picture but she chose a shiny damask cardstock in bright pink and matched it up with white ribbon that we used distress ink in Worn Lipstick to match the bright pink of the paper.


I taught everyone how to roll very simple paper flowers which we used a giant glue dot to hold together and bamboo sticks to push them into the dirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment