Thursday, October 6, 2011

My upcoming class this weekend

I'm teaching the last of the fall seed starting classes this Saturday morning at The Dragonfly Shops & Gardens in Old Towne Orange.  I love sharing my gardening knowledge, and I love it even more when my students are successful.

I've run into several of them around town or heard from them that their summer gardens are doing well, especially the okra they planted.  Personally, when I start a plant from seed I have a better outcome since they seem to be stronger plants in general.

See my post here for pics from another seed starting class.  If you are local to OC and want to sign up I think I have a few more openings, but the class is filling up quickly.

We'll be concentrating on growing for food production throughout the mild Southern California winters and will be starting:

Broccoli
Cauliflower
Brussells Sprouts
Onions
Elephant Garlic
Herbs
Kolrabi
Turnips
Collard Greens
Beets
Lettuces
Radishes

and more :)

Looking forward to meeting some new folks!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment