Friday, March 9, 2012

My New Terrarium Class is so MUCH Fun!

I am so, so glad I decided to add the Terrarium class to my ever-expanding roster of classes.  It is such a hot trend right now, but it is a perfect class for the non-gardeners or for folks who don't have any outdoor space.  Here are a few photos from my class this morning if you scroll down-it's tons of pics, but I was in a pic snapping mood!

If you're interested, here is my roster of the next available Terrarium classes. There are also a few people who don't want to wait until May so I'll likely add one in April sometime.


Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:00 AM
Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:00 AM
Tuesday, June 26, 2012  7:00 PM
Tuesday, July 10, 2012    6:30 PM
Saturday, July 14, 2012   9:00 AM
Saturday, July 14, 2012   11:00 AM
Thursday, August 09, 2012 6:30 PM
Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:00 PM

Setting up for class!

Bits of moss waiting to be put into the terrarium (can you see my reflection?)

Activated charcoal which keeps the soil fresh

Decorative rocks I sterilized

White gravel, this is acquarium gravel and I sterilize it before using

Adding dirt using a paint stir stick

Paint stir sticks are great for the bigger jobs

Tamping down the plant and soil before adding gravel with a really long chopstick

Really long chopsticks work fantastic for manuevering around the tiny plants

And another finished terrarium!

A finished terrarium!

I completed this terrarium for my house while teaching the class.

Call the Dragonfly Shops and Gardens to register.  Space is more limited on this class, max students is 10 per session so sign up to ensure your spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment