Tuesday, March 6, 2012

And the Eggs just keep coming!

This is the time of year when my chickens are starting to swing into full peak egg production which means I am getting 4 eggs every day.  Multiple that by a week and we're talking over 2 dozen eggs a week from my four little hens.  During winter I only get about 10 eggs a week which is about what I need on a weekly basis and during spring and summer I give many of the eggs away to neighbors and friends.

We have a very simple system to make sure we are using the eggs in the order the chickens laid them.  See in this pic below the half of a plastic Easter egg sitting on top of the pretty green egg?  We put that on top of the next egg that is to be used and we work around in a clock-wise manner.  Pretty easy and it works for everyone in the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment