Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crazy Hair Day!

Every year at school, my youngest has a Crazy Hair Day.  In year's past, I have done her hair in the morning, she has cried, insisted I remove whatever I've done and gone to school with completely normal hair.

This year, I made her promise that if I did her hair she would HAVE to go to school, no tears, no changes.  She looked up a mohawk for girls online and this is our 'interpretation'.  Her hair is way, way too long to do a mohawk, so this is what we ended up with.


To do this, I first braided her hair in tiny braids the night before to give it more volume in the morning since her hair is so straight.



Next, I divided it into tiny ponytails all in the center of her head.  Then I started teasing the center ponytails, working my way side to side.  I decided to leave one section out in the front and three sections out in the back because she has SO MUCH hair and time was running out.


Then I pinned a few hot pink feathers in, used some haircolor spray paint in hot pink and voila!



Best of all, no tears!

1 comment: