Saturday, January 14, 2012

Awards Season and 7 things you don't know about me

My friend Wendy over at Wendy Will Blog awarded me the Tell Me About Yourself Award! {My first blog award by the way} and I'm so excited to be participating.

Blog_Award

So here's 7 things you don't know about me.

1. I'll start with my mortal fears.  I'm afraid of dentists.  When I go to the dentist I break out in a cold sweat and when I sit in the chair I repeat over and over and over and over, it's only pain, I can do this.  It's only pain, I can do this.  I beg my dentist not to use the drill and I want to faint by the time I'm out of there.

2. Mortal fear #2 is dancing.  Yep, dancing.  See I went to schools where the closest to dance was choreography (which I love to do) and then I went to private high school-no dancing-ever.  I never went to a wedding that had dancing, never went to a party that had dancing-NEVER ever until I was a grown up.  I love watching people dance, but boy oh boy am I bad at it.

3.  I live in a 1950's house that isn't that big, but it's too big for me... I really like tiny houses that look like shacks.  Honestly, perfect things don't appeal to me, my sense of design is somewhere between trash and thrift store.  I love old things that have a story and are worn and chipped.  I'm married to a man who tries his hardest to understand, but he likes clean, polished and modern...after ten years, he's giving up and letting me have my way (case in point is my front yard wattle fence I am building.)

4. Many moons ago somewhere between Star Search and American Idol I was in a band signed to a major label and I made my living as such.  I traveled, lived in a tour bus with a road crew and band manager and loved every minute of it.   I did studio work for projects too from time to time. Now, I don't really sing and don't really miss it.  I grew up singing in church and accidentally ended up with a couple of record deals.  I was good at singing, but never an artist type of personality, so while I loved it, that's probably why I don't miss it.  It is weird to see your album for sale {used of course} on Amazon, to see your first music video out on You Tube and to occasionally, in certain circles be recognized.

5. I got married {the first time} at 18 years old and was DE-Vorced by the time I was 21.  Woke up one day and my then husband had 'moved on' to a new 18 year old who happened to be someone I had introduced him to through a family relative.  Weird! 

6. I've been told several times over the last few months that I look like Adele and other than the lack of a dimple on my chin, I think my style and look is eerily similar.  Oh and the fact I'm 4 feet something and she's like 10 feet tall...but other than that....So, my husband LOVES to hear me sing-loves when I rock-a-by the kids or sing around the house, so I've secretly been learning Adele songs and plan to give him a private concert soon, so don't tell him if you know him!

7.  I have 1 daughter and 1 step-daughter.  I've only been preggo 1 time and it was the worst 8 months of my life.  I secretly want more children but absolutely will not give birth again, pretty sure it would kill me.  I always thought I would have a large family and have tried to convince my husband to adopt, but he is one of those guys who just doesn't want to have any kids he is responsible that aren't 'his'. 

On that note…now for the next bloggers!
Here is a list of bloggers that I read EVERY single post of theirs.  People I know online-most in 'real life' as well...people that I can count on to give me a laugh, an idea, an inspiration, or some that make me cry.  Read them, you'll be glad you did!
Field Trip Mom  I used to work with her many moons ago back in corporate and now she's an uber talented mother and blogger
Happy Heart Studio  I have known Nancy since I was a little girl.  She was one of the best role models as a wife and mother I knew growing up.  She's taught me many things in life.  Now she has taught me the skill of papercrafting-something I enjoy very very much!  I also thought she was rich when I was a kid because she had hunter green carpet in her house (now there's a secret she probably didn't know!)
Cynthia Shaffer  I met Cynthia through Beth, owner of The Dragonfly Shops and Gardens and we concocted and pulled off a yarn bombing at the Orange Public Library and History Center.  She's kinda famous for her books and art and photography and just has all kinds of mad skillz, but I really just thought she was a cool lady and she taught me how to knit!  
Eli's Lids  Kara is an amazing mother to 4 children, always on the go with a smart phone in her hand and has such a loving family all around her.  I'm sure she's got troubles, everyone does....but I love to read all of the fun things she is up to and I admire her for her energy and the fact that she has 4 kids!  She also goes to the beach with her family every week and has fun parties for the oddest of reasons, which I think makes her a super cool mom!
Crafty Little Gnome I don't know how I found this blog, but I sure love the magic marker forest with sharpie...these are the types of things I would do if I lived alone and love admiring other people who actually do them!
Want to participate in the Tell Me About Yourself Award, here's how:

Thank the person who gave the award.
List 7 things that people may not know about you.
Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and notify them.
Post the badge on your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment