Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Garden Update Spring 2014

More garden goodness

Artichokes-they are perennial here in Zone 10 but the Santa Ana winds have been pushing them over, so I have plates under the plants kind of propping them up. I think I'll add rocks and gravel around their base to help anchor them from the wind

Annie over the Dragonfly built me these two potted arrangements a few years ago and they are still going strong.  I give the pot a haircut every 8 weeks or so in the spring / summer and less frequently in winter but it's always trying to escape the pot :)

Dusty Miller, Pink Polka Dot Plant, Chocolate Mint, Rosemary all getting lush and full

Late Winter Cabbage, definitely had a few cabbage worms that I had to hunt down and squish!

But we still ate a lot of coleslaw, next year Saurkraut




Kale has gone gangbusters this year!

Our sod is recovered from the horrors of chemicals

And my best friend in the garden :) MooPooTea from Annie Haven

No comments:

Post a Comment