Monday, September 10, 2012

What else can I put syrup on?

Picked up two lovely little jars of syrup after seeing a Facebook post on Dragonfly Shops and Gardens wall .  Lawford's Maple Cream and Lawford's Vanilla Cream Syrup...made right here in the good old USA! In Utah specifically.

Of course I couldn't wait to start using them because Beth had said they were SO good and she was SO right!






My first item, super easy to make and oh my gracious so delicious was a fancified butterscotch pudding. 


Here's how you make the Butterscotch pudding dessert


Ingredients:
1 package cook and serve Butterscotch pudding (I prefer Dr. Oetkers's brand but Jell-O brand is good too.) 
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 banana
Lawford's Banana Cream Syrup
1 sugar cone crushed
1 teaspoon of extract (I used Watkins Orange Extract but you can substitute vanilla or almond which would be delicious as well.)
1. Cook up the butterscotch pudding and then pour it into mason jars or bowls, then stick them in the fridge for about 25 minutes.  I like to eat pudding while it is still warm, so I left mine in about 15 minutes.  Cool enough that it won't melt the whip cream but still warm when you eat it.
2. Whip up the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, add 1 teaspoon of extract, whip and then top the pudding.
3. Drizzle on the vanilla cream syrup
4. Add crushed sugar cone
5. Stick a piece of banana on the side (like a lemon wedge)
6. Eat it and watch your family thank you!



The next morning I had to try the maple cream syrup so I whipped up a batch of waffles, topped them with a banana and the maple cream syrup.  Oh  my gracious.  My thighs jiggled just looking at the plate :)

Here's my waffle recipe:
1/4 cup of flour for each set of two waffles you want to make, so about 1 cup of flour feeds my family with leftovers for the chickens.
Milk enough to make it runny
1 egg from my hens one for the bowl
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice for the bowl
1 teaspoon vanilla extract for the bowl
1 teaspoon-ish for the bowl of baking powder

Mix, let sit for 5 minutes and then put into a greased waffle maker


What else can you put syrup on??????

No comments:

Post a Comment