Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Trash to Treasure: Workbench to Potting Bench

Driving home I spied a house being cleared out for sale about a block from my house and on the driveway sat this ugly, beat-up, crumbling topped workbench.  So of course I stopped and asked if I could have it!!!!

I ran home, grabbed my sister in law who happened to be there and said come on, treasure alert!  She was not really pleased to help me bring home this ugly beast.  Since my husband is her brother she was worried about what my hubby would say.  He's told her before not to enable my junkin' :)  But I told her she had to!!!!  Here's what it looked like before.


Here's what it looks like now!
Under the crumbly press board top was perfect pine 2x4's!



I removed all of the extra screws / boards / nails and the broken back and then just slapped a couple of coats of paint on it!

I went 'shopping' in my garage and garden and pulled together a vignette


I love it! It is clearly visible as you drive down the street so I kept the color subdued...I think my projects already freak the neighbors out quite enough and this blends in with the side vegetable garden.


I plan to put my soil containers and maybe a shade plant or two under the bench.  Or I may add boards to make a second shelf.  Who knows, but for now it is awesome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment