Thursday, May 10, 2012

Gardening and Cross Fit

I was thinking this morning about all of the bigger projects I would like to do in my garden.  Some of them are so labor intensive that it will take me weeks on my own-short bursts of energy, sweat dripping down until my muscles are fatigued and I give up.

So here's my thought: if I start calling my garden a Cross Fit gym would people show up to rip out grass, hand cut boards, etc.  It's kind of the same thing isn't it?  Functional fitness....

I'm the last person who should be judging others for actually going to a gym, Lord knows I need to go, but something about gyms give me the heebie-geebies.  Walk on a treadmill going nowhere, lift weights for no purpose...ugh, I just can't even stand the thought of it. With a to-do list a mile long, I like things to be accomplishing something. So how about calling the work we do in our yards and gardens functional fitness?

Cross-Fit Orange is now open :)  You're welcome anytime, membership is free and I guarantee a good workout!  Plus, if you work-out here, you'll go home with organic eggs and produce!

P.S.: I'm not joking! If you're a gardener / urban farmer in Orange, hit me up and let's trade labor! Sorry to anyone who lives outside Orange, I hate to drive so the closer the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment