Thursday, January 19, 2012

The moment I knew

Thought I would share a fun trip down memory lane today about the moment I knew I was going to marry my husband.  I found this little scrap of paper while cleaning out some boxes and it took me right back to that very special moment when I knew with a capital K that I was going to marry my husband.

We had been dating for about 3 months and our standard had become that whenever I got back home at night, I would call him to tell him I was home safely and good night.

One night, however, I got home late from work and my roommate was on the house phone, I didn't have a cell phone back then and I was ridiculously tired.  So I waited up to use the phone but fell asleep and never made the phone call.

The next morning I went out to my car to leave for work and found a note that he had slipped under the windshield wiper that said:

Just wanted to make sure you're ok...you didn't call
George 2 AM


The man had waited for my call until 1 am and then drove the 45 minutes to my house, saw my car was in the driveway and left the note, content in knowing I was safe.

Yeah, that's when I knew I was going to marry him!

Did you ever have a moment where you just knew you were going to marry your spouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment