Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hanging out at Down East Basics

Wednesday night I had a girls night out and met up with some of the local OC Bloggers over at a new store Down East Basics located at the Irvine Spectrum Center.

They hosted a Holiday Blogger Mixer where we could all hang out, chat and of course try on fun finds.  Here is Heather who works as a fashion designer, blogger and model here in Southern California trying on the cutest skirt that was full of layers, texture and color.  She was layering up tons of their pieces and creating great combinations.  You can check out her post about the evening over here.


I have been loving anything lavender or gray lately and I saw plenty that caught my eye in store.

I loved this gray dress with the chunky blue scarf.  The ruching on the top was very flattering and works well if you have {ahem}.. bosoms...


With the weight I've lost I am so stinking excited to be able to go to a 'normal' store and purchase items.  It was such a treat to walk in and realize what a fantastic selection awaited me.  I really loved the look of the store.  It felt like an up-scale boutique but the prices were AMAZING! 

They also have clothing for little girls.  Look at this adorable outfit I picked up for my little one.  The gray top has a triple ruffle pleat at the neckline which matches the triple ruffle pleat on the tulle in the skirt. I added in a beaded flower clip to use at the waist and this will be the perfect outfit for a trombone recital!  Everything in the little girls section was modest and appropriate which is of utmost importance to me when raising daughters.  The skirts were not too short and they had a great selection of items meant to be worn with leggings which in our house are always'daddy approved'...


I'm a girly girl so I love anything with ruffles, bows and that extra bit of detail and each of their pieces had something unique about it.  I also have about a million headbands with bows so when I walked in and found a giant purple felt bow on a headband I knew I was in a store I was going to shop at often!




I picked up a great lightweight scarf in a soft gray-the kind of gray that reminds you of early morning-but here's the kicker...it is trimmed in the most beautiful of soft purple crochet.  Here's how I layered it together for my Friday casual look.  I took a silver sequined t-shirt, layered on a gray cardi, my boot
cut jeans and added the scarf...it was perfect. I felt so cute and received compliments, which I adore!



Overall I would say that this store had great finds that were ultra-feminine, and heavy on the cute factor...no athletic wear here!  Just super cute feminine design.  Many of their pieces could be layered easily and they carried quite a selection of sizes and a ton of unstructured designs which are very flattering on many different body types.

Location: The new DownEast Basics store is in the Irvine Spectrum Center at
71 Fortune Drive
in Irvine, California. The store is located between H&M and Anthropologie.

DownEast Links:
Irvine Spectrum Links:
**I was gifted a $25 gift card for attending the mixer and reviewing the store, as well as a scarf and some delicious chocolates.**

No comments:

Post a Comment